Ernie Tertelgte is an interesting OPCA character. He was initially only charged for fishing without a fishing licence, but was notably passionate in his in-court responses. As is often the alleged conclusion with OPCA mentions, he “dismissed the matter” and walked out, after the magistrate allegedly “abandoned ship, leaving him the highest sovereign in the court”. 1
He claimed he was The “natural living man” but unfortunately one who doesn’t understand Montana law 2 after being brought back before the court a second time, he was convicted and jailed. 3
After his release, Ernie was again arraigned in Montana Judicial District Court on new charges of assaulting a peace officer, charges stemming from an incident during a trial in Eureka on separate charges relating to driving while a license is suspended or revoked and obstructing a peace officer or public servant. He was later convicted and is currently serving his time.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Centre, 4 these are the top 10 leaders of the movement in the U.S. in 2010. 5 We have already covered Roger Elvick, Winston Shrout, and David Wynn Miller in other articles.
“An anti-government bully was sentenced Monday to five years in federal prison for using fake bills, bogus property liens and bizarre court filings to attack Ulster County bankers and government officials. Richard Ulloa, 52, was sentenced on seven counts of mail fraud for using the U.S. Postal Service to deliver phony bills and liens that threatened to harm the credit of bankers and public officials.
The tactic is known as “paper terrorism.”
Ulloa remained defiant till the end. Even though he filed roughly $4 trillion in liens and bills against police, judges and county employees, Ulloa told a judge in Albany that it was he who lost more than anyone. “I lost a job, I lost a business and I lost property,” said Ulloa, who once earned more than $180,000 a year as an IBM engineer. “I have lost more than anybody else.” Ulloa, of Stone Ridge, is a member of the sovereign citizens, a national movement of radicals who do not believe the government has the right to create or enforce laws. His anti-government scheme took many turns.
It started in 2008, when the Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union began foreclosure proceedings on his Ridge Mountain Road home. Ulloa responded by sending a “criminal complaint” to the bank, demanding $46 million from its officers. When the bank didn’t pay, he filed a $2.8 billion lien against bank CEO Bill Spearman. The pattern repeated itself twice more, when Ulloa was issued traffic tickets in Rosendale and the Town of Ulster. He filed bills and liens against police officers and judges in both municipalities.
He also filed bogus papers against Ulster County officials. Soon after federal authorities charged Ulloa and two co-conspirators in 2010, the sovereigns took even stranger actions. Court papers show they convened a kangaroo court in Highland, issued fake indictments against their victims and threatened to have sovereign “rangers” arrest them.
Despite being cleared by a mental-health evaluator, Ulloa’s lawyer argued Monday that his client had become mentally ill sometime over the past six years. U.S. District Judge Thomas McAvoy didn’t buy the argument. “Somewhere along the way, you decided to follow the voice of the sovereign citizens,” McAvoy told Ulloa. “You did that with reckless disregard and evil intention.” Ulloa must pay $63,401 in restitution to Ulster County and MHVFCU. His scheme instilled fear in its victims, because sovereign citizens in other parts of the country have turned violent, even killing cops in two cases. MHVFCU and Ulster County handed out photos of Ulloa to some employees, urging them to call security if he showed up. “There was a lot of anxiety about this guy coming into our offices,” said Spearman, the bank CEO.
“There were some concerns that he might act out.” Rosendale Town Justice Bob Vosper was also one of Ulloa’s targets. Ulloa filed a $552 million lien against Vosper after the judge jailed him for allegedly driving without a license. As Ulloa continued his wild filings, Vosper added security cameras to his courtroom, and the town ordered body armor for its court officers. Vosper even began carrying a handgun under his robe while he presided on the bench, he said. When Ulloa gave a halfhearted apology in court Monday, Vosper accused him of being disingenuous. As he urged the judge to put tougher restrictions on Ulloa in the future, Vosper pointed a finger at the man who tried to bully him with a barrage of fake papers. “I never want to hear from you again for the rest of my life,” he said.”
Other sovereign citizens in prison: Richard Ulloa is the third person connected to the sovereign citizen movement to be imprisoned for attacking officials in Ulster County. Jeffrey Burfeindt of Highland and Ed Parenteau of Chenango County were both sent to prison earlier this year. The two men carried out similar schemes against officials in the Town of Lloyd. Burfeindt was sentenced to six months in federal prison, while Parenteau got 21 months. Both men have since renounced the sovereign movement, which the FBI considers a domestic terrorism group. They have offered to help federal authorities with any future cases against sovereigns. 6
Jon Witterick and Mark “Ceylon” Laining operate the website “Get Out Of Debt Free” that promotes foisted unilateral agreements, promissory notes, and A4V techniques for debt elimination. This UK website has a variant directed specifically to Australian customers. 7
Since the global financial crisis, sovereign citizen theories have fallen on particularly fertile ground in Ireland. In May 2013, The Irish Times reported that more than 100 Freemen court cases had been heard throughout Ireland in that year alone. Many involved foreclosure victims trying to escape underwater mortgages. This has led to a populist OPCA political movement headed by Ben Gilroy and a popular OPCA anti-foreclosure scam, the Rudolphus Allen Trust. A U.K. Barrister Andrew Robinson advises people to avoid using groups claiming a “secret formula” to circumvent the law. 8
Karl Lentz 9 Originally a US Sovereign Citizen, has become a significant figure in the UK Freeman-on the-Land community. He claims to have located the Court of Queen’s Bench: a secret, long believed abolished, common law court where Freeman remedies may be obtained.
Michael Tellinger 10 is a relatively new arrival, with a colourful background. He was a 1980’s pop star who subsequently wrote a series of books that claims humanity is a degenerate slave species created by extraterrestrials to mine gold. 11 He promotes his “Ubuntu Contributionism” concept and political party and teaches how to allegedly pay debts with promissory notes.
Anna von Reitz declared herself an “Alaska State Superior Court Judge” in her Declaration of Judgeship on April 28th 2015, and others soon followed. Bruce Doucette, on May 23rd, signed his Oath for “Constitutional Superior Court Judge” Gary Darby also signed his “oath of office” on August 24th despite it being illegal to impersonate a government agent, pursuant to Title 18 United States Code § 912 & Texas Penal Code § 37.11. Kevin Annett of the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State has held many such “common law” proceedings, issuing “International Arrest Warrants” for everyone from the Pope to the Queen.
- 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuy_2Cq8HAA
- 2 https://thelastbastille.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/ernie-tertelgte-does-not-understand-montana-law/
- 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXJtE2qkzY
- 4 https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/15/sovereign-files-8152017 https://freemandelusion.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/the-sovereign-files_-8.15.2017-_-southern-poverty-law-center.pdf
- 5 https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2010/sovereigns-leaders-movement https://freemandelusion.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/the-sovereigns_-leaders-of-the-movement-_-southern-poverty-law-center.pdf
- 6 http://www.recordonline.com/article/20111213/NEWS/112130325
- 7 “Get Out Of Debt Free,” http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org
- 8 Barrister Andrew Robinson https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/lawyers-advise-against-use-of-groups-claiming-secret-formula-to-circumvent-law-1.1396641
- 9 “Karl Lentz weekend on Common law,” http://www.kingmotorsupply.com>.
- 10 Micheal Tellinger See e.g. “Ubuntu Liberation Movement,” http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za “Ubuntu Party Canada,” http://www.ubuntupartycanada.org The Ubuntu Party received 0.04 percent of the popular vote in the 2014 South African general election: “Results Reports South Africa: Party Support” http://www.elections.org.za/content/NPEPublicReports/291/Party%20Support/National_613.pdf>.
- 11 See Michael Tellinger, Slave Species of The Gods: The Secret History of the Anunnaki and Their Mission on Earth, 2nd ed (Rochester, Vt: Bear & Company, 2012); Michael Tellinger, African Temples of the Anunnaki: The Lost Technologies of the Gold Mines of Enki (Rochester, Vt: Bear & Company, “Slave Species,” http://www.slavespecies.com
- 12 http://www.libertyunderattack.com/fake-judges-sovereign-citizens-undermining-patriot-groups/ https://freemandelusion.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/fake-judges_-how-why-sovereign-citizens-are-undermining-patriot-groups-_-liberty-under-attack.pdf